100fps on 144hz or 100hz

Jul 8, 2018
Hello
I have capped my fps to 100 because its the lowest framerate i get... my fps is 100-2xx but its 80% of the time around 110-120 or its going down form 200 to 100 in a second,it feels horrible on 144hz monitor.. what should i do?use 100hz or 144hz

Solution
If capping it stops your stuttering then that would be fine as 100 FPS is still pretty smooth. The only reason I could see uncapping it or using 144hz is if you had a Gsync or Freesync monitor and the correct card as those reduce stuttering. You should also be able to cap it at 120 which will make it a bit smoother if you think it'll hold around that FPS. Another option is dropping the graphics to limit the drops and keeping it at 144 for the smoother gameplay, this option is good for competitive shooters.

WildCard999

Titan
If capping it stops your stuttering then that would be fine as 100 FPS is still pretty smooth. The only reason I could see uncapping it or using 144hz is if you had a Gsync or Freesync monitor and the correct card as those reduce stuttering. You should also be able to cap it at 120 which will make it a bit smoother if you think it'll hold around that FPS. Another option is dropping the graphics to limit the drops and keeping it at 144 for the smoother gameplay, this option is good for competitive shooters.

Solution