101: How to Burn a CD or DVD on Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinstu

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Deceptive title again.should read: "How to burn a CD/DVD without thirdparty software on windows 8"
Something that also could've been done with windows XP... (and vista/7 of course)...

G

And you really needed to make an article about this? Who burns discs in 2014 anyway? And needs a guide for it?

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
9 will be improved by having you first copy the disc to the cloud for processing then follow the next 17 steps and click on the 10 warning/verification popups and you're done.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
boring. explorer burner in win7 keeps putting shortcuts for stuff to be burnt. even after the files are burnt, it shows wierd shortcut-like icons for the files even after burning and I have to check on someone else's computer just to make double sure the files are really there.more interesting/practical topic I'd like to see "how to burn a stripped-down, DRM-removed, offline silent installer of your legit win8 copy, with all your preferred configs preset, and already set for dual-boot with winxp"

joraph

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Burning a CD/DVD with windows is the worse thing ever especially if it the file size is more. I don't know if other OS offers a better experience.. Save yourself the trouble and get a burning software like nero..etc.. They work magic compare to what windows 8 is offering.

G

I clicked because I couldn't believe that it's an actual article.

rokit

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
An ARTICLE about how to burn a disk? Really? On a NEWS SITE? Do you think Windows users are THAT stupid AND this is so CRUCIAL info for an ARTICLE?
strange times....

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
An ARTICLE about how to burn a disk? Really? On a NEWS SITE? Do you think Windows users are THAT stupid AND this is so CRUCIAL info for an ARTICLE?strange times....
My previous IT boss was that stupid. That is why I found new employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.