Question 105 hz only?

May 1, 2019
I tried to set the refresh rate of my new 21:9 monitor but the options only go to 105 hz. Is there another way of setting it to 120hz? BTW, in the settings window the monitor is listed as "Generic PnP".

I have an Alienware 1900r 34" monitor and a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card using Displayport connection.

JohnBonhamsGhost

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
for refresh rate issue: are you looking in Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties for Display x? through Nvidia Control Panel or some Alienware installed software? or through the display's built-in buttons/controls?

for specific driver: you should be able to download the specific driver for this display from Alienware and install it. or find it listed in the available drivers through the adapter properties > update driver > choose from list.

Reactions: User Name Noob
May 1, 2019
@JohnBonhamsGhost Yes, I'm looking in the Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties for Display x...accessed by right-clicking on the desktop. My monitor is set to 'overclocked (on) "120 hz". I installed the graphics card and the monitor yesterday and downloaded the latest drivers.

May 1, 2019
@richiestang_78 Thank you for posting that guide...I already went through that procedure and was only given the option to reset the refresh rate to 105 Hz. BUT, when I went into the "Create Custom Resolution" window I was able to set the refresh to 120 Hz! Initially, I disregarded the "Custom" tab because it was already at 3440 x 1440 (native)...that was my mistake. Thanks again for posting that guide!

@richiestang_78 Thank you for posting that guide...I already went through that procedure and was only given the option to reset the refresh rate to 105 Hz. BUT, when I went into the "Create Custom Resolution" window I was able to set the refresh to 120 Hz! Initially, I disregarded the "Custom" tab because it was already at 3440 x 1440 (native)...that was my mistake. Thanks again for posting that guide!
no problem glad I could help. Really not sure why they market a monitor that has a verified "overclock" speed instead of just making it 120hz be default.

May 1, 2019
@bignastyid The first thing I did was to set the monitor to "overclock", using the buttons on the bottom of the monitor, but that made no difference whatsoever...I had to manually set the refresh to 120 Hz in the Nvidia control panel.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS