Question 105 hz only?

User Name Noob

Reputable
May 1, 2019
I tried to set the refresh rate of my new 21:9 monitor but the options only go to 105 hz. Is there another way of setting it to 120hz? BTW, in the settings window the monitor is listed as "Generic PnP".

I have an Alienware 1900r 34" monitor and a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card using Displayport connection.

for refresh rate issue: are you looking in Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties for Display x? through Nvidia Control Panel or some Alienware installed software? or through the display's built-in buttons/controls?

for specific driver: you should be able to download the specific driver for this display from Alienware and install it. or find it listed in the available drivers through the adapter properties > update driver > choose from list.

Reactions: User Name Noob

User Name Noob

Reputable
May 1, 2019
@JohnBonhamsGhost Yes, I'm looking in the Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties for Display x...accessed by right-clicking on the desktop. My monitor is set to 'overclocked (on) "120 hz". I installed the graphics card and the monitor yesterday and downloaded the latest drivers.

User Name Noob

Reputable
May 1, 2019
@richiestang_78 Thank you for posting that guide...I already went through that procedure and was only given the option to reset the refresh rate to 105 Hz. BUT, when I went into the "Create Custom Resolution" window I was able to set the refresh to 120 Hz! Initially, I disregarded the "Custom" tab because it was already at 3440 x 1440 (native)...that was my mistake. Thanks again for posting that guide!

@richiestang_78 Thank you for posting that guide...I already went through that procedure and was only given the option to reset the refresh rate to 105 Hz. BUT, when I went into the "Create Custom Resolution" window I was able to set the refresh to 120 Hz! Initially, I disregarded the "Custom" tab because it was already at 3440 x 1440 (native)...that was my mistake. Thanks again for posting that guide!

no problem glad I could help. Really not sure why they market a monitor that has a verified "overclock" speed instead of just making it 120hz be default.