Question 1050 TI restarting PC fixes problems but...

boss9014

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Greetings.

I currently run a 1050 TI, and every time I turn on my computer for the first time a day, or any time after a couple of hours of being off, when I first load in games such as Fortnite, I notice an extremely reasonable amount of input/mouse lag/delay. When I restart my computer not to short afterward and I load into the game, it is really responsive and so for a couple of hours (2-3) before the input lag becomes noticeable and I have to restart my PC again. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my 1050 TI? I've had it for two years... I have Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.7 OC as well.

Thanks in advance,
boss9014

ragnar-gd

Reputable
> when I first load in games such as Fortnite, I notice an extremely reasonable amount of input/mouse lag/delay.
Why should that amount be reasonable?
Not to frighten you, but a newly booted PC should only have lag, if:
  1. You still use a HDD instead of an SSD as your boot drive ...
  2. ... AND a Mining-trojan has hijacked your system
Lag later on may be a sign of overheating of some component (CPU, GPU, chipset, whatever....). But not directly after booting.
What does Task-Manager say? What are your temps?

boss9014

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Why should that amount be reasonable?
Not to frighten you, but a newly booted PC should only have lag, if:
  1. You still use a HDD instead of an SSD as your boot drive ...
  2. ... AND a Mining-trojan has hijacked your system
Lag later on may be a sign of overheating of some component (CPU, GPU, chipset, whatever....). But not directly after booting.
What does Task-Manager say? What are your temps?

I meant noticeable, not reasonable (sorry) I use a Samsung 850 EVO SSD as my bootable drive, and it works perfectly, my windows boots up in seconds, etc... There is no possible way a mining trojan has hacked my system (at least I hope) I haven't clicked ANY unsafe links ever and my whole PC is only 2 weeks old. I've only downloaded my games and such. I am not sure if my GPU has been overheating, but when in the game it can reach temperatures of around 60-70. I'm pretty confident that 60-70 shouldn't be too hot, right?

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Ok, forget about the Trojan for once. Your GPU-temps are fine. You SSD is just great. What about CPU-load, are there any strange things showing up in taskmanager when the lag appears? CPU-temps? Chipset-temps?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS