[SOLVED] 1050 Ti with A8-6600k

cottoneyesergo

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018
Hello people, for a long time I was looking forward to replace my old HD 6570 with a 1050 Ti. I read about it online, asked you guys here, and finally decided to purchase one and it's on its way. But the thing is, I was afraid of a big bottleneck because of my A8-6600k, some people said it'll be fine, even if there is, it won't be much, but some others said it would bottleneck hard. I purchased one anyway, Gigabyte's single fan version since it fits better in my chassis, and said ''to hell with it, I'll figure out something if something happens''. It's a really nice budget card that would keep me busy on my games for maximum a year or so. After that I'm planning on building a new system. It's just a last second thought. I need your opinions on this again to make up my mind, people. Thanks a lot in advance.

Solution
There'll be some small amount of CPU bottleneck sometimes, in some games, at some settings, on some busy servers... yes. But so what? Would you rather go with a weaker card an have poorer performance in the other games games? And in single player gaming, bottleneck won't be an issue. That is the card I would choose for a A8-6600K.

And the GTX 1050 Ti should be a major improvement over the old HD 6570.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There'll be some small amount of CPU bottleneck sometimes, in some games, at some settings, on some busy servers... yes. But so what? Would you rather go with a weaker card an have poorer performance in the other games games? And in single player gaming, bottleneck won't be an issue. That is the card I would choose for a A8-6600K.

And the GTX 1050 Ti should be a major improvement over the old HD 6570.

Solution

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
My overclocked amd 750k is bottlenecking my 1050 gtx from benchmarks I’ve seen by a good margin too. I just got a i5 4570 so with any luck I can tell you tomorrow by how much once I rebuild the computer.

But from what I’ve seen in fallout 4 there’s probably a good 30-50fps difference from reviews I saw. I probably have a more definite answer latter.

cottoneyesergo

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018

Yup, as you suggested earlier when I first asked for a gpu on my setup in another post, I immediately fell in love with it and really didn't want any other card than that. You helped me a lot through all this my friend. I salute you and thank you again!

cottoneyesergo

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018

That's what I hope for my friend, thank you so much for your opinion!

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Well just tested my computer after the rebuild in fallout 4 with 1080p at lowest settings. I got 17-57 FPS with the amd 750k before. With the i5 4570 I’m getting 63-130 FPS at the same settings.

Our CPUs are pretty close performance wise, so expect a good bottleneck.

cottoneyesergo

Honorable
Jun 30, 2018

I think I just try to get most what I can from my rig with 1050 Ti then, thank you for your input my friend have a nice one!