[SOLVED] 1050Ti blacks out when any house switch is flipped

Dec 11, 2021
29
1
45
0
So yeah I got this Palit 1050Ti no 6 pin almost a year and a half ago, and everytime any switch in our house is flipped the display blacks out for a second or two. This is worse when a washing machine is running. At first I suspected a faulty video cable or monitor, but when I changed gpu they were all fine. The 1050Ti is now dead for a few months, so I am just asking to consider if I should buy another board-powered only one again (6-pin variants are quite hard to find), or everything will just repeat again when I plug in another 1050Ti to my pc?

My system:

i7-960 1st gen

Asus rampage iii gene / x58 / lga 1366 / with pcie 2.0 x16 gpu slot

18GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz

K-pop psu 500w (I know, I'm already planning to replace it asap 😅)
 

punkncat

Distinguished
Ambassador
This would seem to indicate a possible issue with your home wiring. Probably would be a good idea to contact your utility, landlord (if applicable) or an electrician.

Aside from that aspect you need to consider a middling or better quality PSU. A good UPS would be a good idea as well.
 

punkncat

Distinguished
Ambassador
This would seem to indicate a possible issue with your home wiring. Probably would be a good idea to contact your utility, landlord (if applicable) or an electrician.

Aside from that aspect you need to consider a middling or better quality PSU. A good UPS would be a good idea as well.
 

InvalidError

Titan
Moderator
If the monitor blacks out and then everything returns exactly as it was before, then it is the monitor that is blacking out from power blips in your house, not the GPU.

As others have already pointed out, your main problem is most likely lousy site wiring, possibly a floating neutral if you live in a place with 230V split (115V) wiring.
 

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Considering all the switches in the house will be seperated into different circuits and the dishwasher for sure is on a seperate kitchen circuit, I'd be more inclined to believe it's not so much the house wiring, but service wiring. A bad bond in the mains, loose neutral mains are the usual suspects, especially with aluminium feeds.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS