1050Ti core stuck at 0%!

Armathynx

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
I posted this on the LinusTechTips Forum however nothing was answered, so I came here as it seems much more active than the LTT forums! My GPU has been having problems on and off since I ordered it and for 2 - 3 weeks now I have been posting and emailing my problem regarding the 0% core load of my GPU. During synthetic benchmarks like 3DMark and GPU-Z's render test it runs perfectly fine but games run like well... crap. GTA V minimum settings struggles to go above 20 FPS (When I know it can hit 60FPS very high), Far Cry 3 doesn't hit 30, minimum settings, same for Battlefield 4, Battlefield 3 and other high end titles. BEFORE YOU COMMENT ANYTHING PLEASE NOTE:

• I have made sure the monitor is plugged into the GPU not the Motherboard.
    Drivers fully updated (Version 378.66 as of 26/02/2017, UK date layout)
    Palit have sent me a BIOS (latest, prototype-esque) for the card that I installed, took the core load to 36% on start-up, went straight back down to 0% and never went over.
    I haven't switched the PCI-E slot as I am running a mATX mobo (with a singular slot)
    I have switched the PCI-E power connector, to no avail.
    Fans are running on the GPU.
    I have set in the Nvidia Control Panel for it to run at "prefer maximum performance".
    I have set in the PhysX settings for the computer to always use the 1050Ti (This works, Physics tests on Firestrike and Sky Diver skyrocketed from 3 fps to 50-60)

Thanks in advance :)
-Armathynx

Armathynx

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

Doubt it.

• CPU: i5 4460
    Mobo: MSI H81M-P33
    RAM: 8GB DDr3 HyperX Blue

Whats the chance anything else will bottleneck it?