[SOLVED] 1050Ti died for 4th time.

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
Hello, so basically my gigabyte gtx 1050ti died for 4th time.
Well 1 time was due to external short circuit issue.

Back to the point so recently i got a BSOD and had to manually shut and start pc, upon starting i heard beep from speaker and came to know that it was due to ram so i removed 1 stick and tried to boot and it did so i then cleaned surface of ram and reinstalled it and thats when 1050ti stopped spinning fan and didn't gave output. I heard beep of boot screen so i knew something was wrong with 1050ti itself, so i tested without gpu and with spare gt210 and it booted with screen both time. Now next suspect is psu but it is fairly new that i purchased in 2020, its corsair 450w 80+ white psu and there is nothing weird happening with it.

I tried 1050ti on my friends system and fan was not spinning nor was giving display either.
So i want help to figure out what is real reason behind all this.

Spec:
Monitor: LG tv

Cpu: AMD FX 6300

RAM: 1x4gb local ram 1600
1x8gb hyperx ram 1666

Both working together at 1600mhz

Gpu: gigabyte 1050ti single fan variant

Mobo: gigabyte 78lmt s2r2

Psu: Corsair 80+ white 450w

Ups: iball nirantar 621i
Ups gives power only to pc and everything else is connected to surge protector on different outlet.

P.s. when gpu died for first time, i had circle 500w as psu and with help of local repair shop we diagnosed that psu was issue so i replaced it with corsair one.

Gpu purchased in june 2018 and was replaced thanks to gigabyte each time it had problems.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes it did stopped working all the times and yes i did replace it everytime it has given problems, purchased in june 2018.
If you have replaced the GPU more than once and replace the PSU at least once when using the same computer, then something could be wrong with your other system hardware like the motherboard or system case grounding issue that may be damaging the GPUs. It's possible you had a static discharge when working inside the computer and damaged the GPU. You might have even had a static discharge damage the system before every time the GPU died.

If the system case is directly on carpet, move it on to some card board or some wood pieces so it's not touching the carpet and try to move cables so they don't touch...
Yes it did stopped working all the times and yes i did replace it everytime it has given problems, purchased in june 2018.
If you have replaced the GPU more than once and replace the PSU at least once when using the same computer, then something could be wrong with your other system hardware like the motherboard or system case grounding issue that may be damaging the GPUs. It's possible you had a static discharge when working inside the computer and damaged the GPU. You might have even had a static discharge damage the system before every time the GPU died.

If the system case is directly on carpet, move it on to some card board or some wood pieces so it's not touching the carpet and try to move cables so they don't touch carpet either. This will help prevent possible static discharge, but it's not a great fix if you don't have proper power line grounding. Other than replacing the motherboard and CPU to see if it helps, there isn't much else I can say that may help.

Reactions: deliwalaaniket123
Solution

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018

If the system case is directly on carpet, move it on to some card board or some wood pieces so it's not touching the carpet and try to move cables so they don't touch carpet either. This will help prevent possible static discharge, but it's not a great fix if you don't have proper power line grounding. Other than replacing the motherboard and CPU to see if it helps, there isn't much else I can say that may help.

Case is in a wooden desk
And pc is connected to ups which is connected to wall outlet and all of them has ground.

And Yeah i suspect motherboard and cpu too.
Motherboard is also way too old.
Thanks for reply

TRENDING THREADS