[SOLVED] 1050Ti No Signal, Fans spinning

Feb 19, 2022
I was having a rough day and played some video games, i had no issues at all. Turned off my computer the usual way, through the shut down option and went to sleep.
The next day i started my computer to finish my project but my monitor was showing no signal.
Tried everything from replugging my video card (checking if its all the way in), testing if my mobo is working and it was in fact working, switching my rams. Tested an old gt 730 and it was all good.
I have an 1050ti OC Gigabyte low profile, theres no 4-6 pin connector and i got a spacer 450w psu.
RAM: 8gbs ddr3
CPU: i5 4690k
MOBO: Asrock H81M-VG4
I got this video card as a christmas present, and all i did was to play valorant with it, which is pretty much a cpu based game. I never overclocked my gpu and didnt think about doing it at all; got the default nvidia control panel settings and the drivers were up to date before showing no signal. I can't switch to my mobo igpu since my monitor doesnt have a vga/dvi slot and the igpu only has vga slots.
Tho, if my 1050ti is in fact dead, how is that even possible? I had not even a single issues through the entire year and use of it. Haven't played gpu based games at all and so on. Is there any way to check if its dead or not; i really dont wanna buy a new gpu to run games in 144+ since the price is outrageous nowadays..
(Tried using it in a different computer and it has the same issue; psu-550w)

Solution
Yes, that is my PSU and its so loud tho, i can barely hear it when i got my headphones on. This pc was an office one before upgrading it.
The GPU has about 11 months more of warranty but i dont think they would accept it. I really wanna find out what damaged it and how, there are no marks or scratches, no dust in it, the fan is perfectly running without making weird sounds.

Yeah would still try anyway to see if they accept it but would not recommend using that PSU on gaming GPU. Look like the PSU have broken your gpu because it was under stress . PSU might have the power to run the card but its an cheap Office PSU that has no protection and could fry your comp. J So would recommend you looking at PSU that has the power to run...
Has your gpu got warranty on it, If it has would contact the compuny and see if it can get repaired or replaced?. You might need registr your card on there website with proof of purchase.

Dose this look like your PSU by any chance?. I never heard of this make before and to be fair would buy brand PSU that more better then this PSU kinda looks like an office PSU ones
res_b8e405aea37a2a117391259c8f6c4bde.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022
Has your gpu got warranty on it, If it has would contact the compuny and see if it can get repaired or replaced?. You might need registr your card on there website with proof of purchase.

Dose this look like your PSU by any chance?. I never heard of this make before and to be fair would buy brand PSU that more better then this PSU kinda looks like an office PSU ones
res_b8e405aea37a2a117391259c8f6c4bde.jpg
Yes, that is my PSU and its so loud tho, i can barely hear it when i got my headphones on. This pc was an office one before upgrading it.
The GPU has about 11 months more of warranty but i dont think they would accept it. I really wanna find out what damaged it and how, there are no marks or scratches, no dust in it, the fan is perfectly running without making weird sounds.

Feb 19, 2022
If you tried the GPU in a different PC and it's still not working I'd say it's dead. It's an electronic device. It happens.

I don't know what a "spacer 450w" PSU is, but it sounds like dangerous crap. Could've killed the GPU.
I just checked the others pc's psu and it has around 240w and the minimum is 300w for a 1050ti.
Is it worth trying it in another pc?

Yeah would still try anyway to see if they accept it but would not recommend using that PSU on gaming GPU. Look like the PSU have broken your gpu because it was under stress . PSU might have the power to run the card but its an cheap Office PSU that has no protection and could fry your comp. J So would recommend you looking at PSU that has the power to run gaming GPU and is safe to use. So check if they accept your gpu repair and if they do that saves you money and use the money to buy brand new PSU.
Corsair
Seasonic

I use Corsair PSU and there really good!

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 19, 2022
Yeah would still try anyway to see if they accept it but would not recommend using that PSU on gaming GPU. Look like the PSU have broken your gpu because it was under stress . PSU might have the power to run the card but its an cheap Office PSU that has no protection and could fry your comp. J So would recommend you looking at PSU that has the power to run gaming GPU and is safe to use. So check if they accept your gpu repair and if they do that saves you money and use the money to buy brand new PSU.
Corsair
Seasonic

I use Corsair PSU and there really good!
Thank you a lot! I'll be looking for a new psu right away