1050TI, Ryzen 1400. GPU at 100%, Frame Drops/Stutter. No Idea what's wrong.

TheGoldenFruit

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
Hello, I built my new PC maybe a month ago at this point and everything has been running great!

Except for this issue! At this time I looked up the same configuration I have on YouTube playing games like Fortnite, these videos claimed to be running things on High or Epic settings with a stable 60 FPS (The Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzI0EWNIE4o&t=220s).

Now at High, I am getting these Frames, however my setup is having stutter issues and frame drops when loading things in (rendering things when you sky dive). Fortnite specifically, and Guild Wars 2 has this issue. Whenever I pan my camera around it drops frames and stutters. The GPU is at 100% and the CPU is at around 40% when this happens during Fortnite.

During GW2 both are running at around 50% on medium settings yet i still get frame drops without any spikes in percentage. I see others online saying they can run MAX on everything in GW2 with the same setup and yet I drop to 40 fps in some Areas on medium settings! Dropping settings to low doesn't seem to make a difference in GW2(not in combat).

I checked thermals, nothing goes above 55 degrees Celsius. I reinstalled GPU drivers. IDK what else to do. I assume it's a bottleneck, but then why am I having the issue with GW2? I also checked RAM, it never spikes up above 6 gigs, and no background stuff is ever running.

Ok you didn't list complete specs so I can only assume your issue, here's my guess. You have 8gb ram right, one stick? Newer games run better with 16gb, not only that if it's one stick the pc is running in single channel. You say the 1050ti is at 100% usage, it might be depending on what you expect out of it, but I believe the performance issue is the ram. Ryzen runs better with dual channel ram configurations, single channel will hamper performance tremendously.

TheGoldenFruit

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

I have dual channel memory, two sticks of 4 gig RAM. During gaming it always stays under 6 gigs.

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
Hi,

What is your complete pc specs including clock speeds?

Have you overclocked anything?

What do you use to determine your frame drops & stuttering?

Do you experience these issues in other games besides the 2 you listed?

Does your GPU boost clock remain stable in a benchmark or does it fluctuate heavily?

What is your RAM configuration & have you enabled XMP?

For reference: I have an i9 9900k & ive tested many GPUs on this system. In Fortnite I averaged around 60 FPS with a GTX 1050Ti on maxed settings & dipped to 50 Lows.

TheGoldenFruit

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

Doing some research online I found that this pairing was one that was very close together in terms of performance, is the 1400 really that powerful?

TheGoldenFruit

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

Here is the full build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vxf8mq. I don't know how to check clock speeds, but the CPU is 3.2 Ghz and frame times are around 12 ms.

Nothing is overclocked, I can, but It seemed pretty hard so I ignore it.

I'm using afterburner to figure out FPS, and I can physically see the stutter on screen. It seems like the computer is loading the area as I look towards it, causing the stutter. Like the rendering issue I spoke about.

I Do not experience this issue with other games, mainly because I mostly play Skyrim and some indie titles. Guild Wars 2 and Fortnite are the only ones that make it seem significant enough to annoy me heavily, especially GW2. That game does not look that good and lowering settings doesn't help.

I have no idea what boost clock is or where it could be.

My RAM is 2 sticks of 4 gig memory, using the dual channel function. I have XMP profile 1 turned on.

TheGoldenFruit

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

alright, ill try a different one and then turn it off. Maybe I'm overestimating the card's performance, but those video's I saw seemed to show similar results. So maybe im being a little silly.