1050w enough for 2 XFX 7990s?

meltface

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Ok, I have a Corsair HX 1050 and currently have 1 XFX 7990 running. I want to add another but I am worried I'll blow the PSU. The power supply is eating approximately 575w of power according to kil-a-watt. All other system components take roughly 100w. Obviously, that's going to take me over 1050w which is what the power supply is rated for. I more or less want to know whether or not the PSU is capable of handling higher loads, which I know is not uncommon and Corsair is one of the better brands out there for PSUs. I also heard something about how kil-a-watt only measures the amount or heat or something? That it really isn't eating the amount of wattage it says it is? It's also important to note that the system runs 24/7 and at 100% load the entire time on the GPU. Like I said, right now, with 1 7990 it's running at 675w for the overall system, continuous. I could undervolt them but I don't want to run the risk of bricking the card. I'm a very frugal person so I definitely do not want to have to buy another power supply unless I absolutely have to. Let me know your thoughts.

It's fine, 1050W will be enough.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7990/pages/radeon-7990.aspx
System requirements and recommendations:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
750W (or greater) power supply with two 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended
1000W (or greater) power supply with four 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology in dual mode.