Feb 24, 2021
My specs:
Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
I7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
2 x 4 (8) GB ram at 1333 MHz
Some Chinese 500 watts PSU
1 TB HDD

My question:
First of all. All the hardware I bought is second hand/not new. I got this PC after using my i5 1st gen laptop for about 7 years. And now I'm encountering stutter issues on some of the games. I deleted Forza Horizon 4 for the same occasional stuttering reason and nowadays I'm playing AC: Valhalla and I'm facing the same issue of occasional stuttering that drops my CPU usage from 50%-60% to 25%~ for 1-2 seconds and drops the GPU usage from 97%~ to around 10%. This happens for one second only, and typically when I'm going to a new town in AC: Valhalla / when some textures are loading. I used to think this is a problem with my HDD but a-lot of people upload gameplays whilst only using HDD and not SSD yet it does not stutter for them.

I'm willing to do any and all tests that people might require from me on my rig. Whilst I'm playing AC: Valhalla, my GPU temperature is around 73* and my CPU temperate is around 80* (with 84* being the highest). Ram usage is around 7.4 GB whilst gaming as well. Now when I close most of my background tasks / turn off Geforce shadowplay, the stuttering is undeniably a-lot less but it's still there.

Please help me out here. :( I'll make sure to reply to any questions ASAP

Feb 24, 2021
*See if your VRAM usage is capping out. Newer games use 4gb+ VRAM and 3gb might be gating you heavily. Try lowering the texture and shadows in your games to see if it helps.
I would've agreed with you about the 3GB vram part if I didn't have to deal with the same issue on GTA V. My PC is good enough to run GTA V and I was running GTA V online on Normal to High but the stutters were there. It was not as usual but the CPU and GPU usage still did drop four or five times during shootout / high speed driving. Point to note is GTA V showed I was using 1.3 gigs of vram out of 3 gigs in the settings so I was pretty much under utilizing it.

Please let me know what you think of it.

I think it is down to a lack of CPU performance (single-thread) as it sounds similar to my experience with my last CPU a 3570k. I upgraded to a 3600 mainly due to some games pausing (0 fps) every so often, although I admit I had been itching to upgrade anyway.

Feb 24, 2021
I think it is down to a lack of CPU performance (single-thread) as it sounds similar to my experience with my last CPU a 3570k. I upgraded to a 3600 mainly due to some games pausing (0 fps) every so often, although I admit I had been itching to upgrade anyway.
Are you sure about this bud? What do you suggest I upgrade/change it to? I cannot add a-lot of $$ so please suggest something budget friendly if possible.