[SOLVED] [1060 3gb] Stuttering - Both GPU & CPU drop to ~10% for a second

Feb 24, 2021
INTRODUCTION:
I recently managed to save enough money to buy myself a PC good enough to run some of the latest games. But it came with a problem, some of the games (GTA V for example) are stuttering.

PROBLEM:
Both GPU and CPU drop to around 10% of usage for a second or so, this causes the game to stutter before recovering back to stable 60 FPS. It is not happening on one game but on multiples for example: GTA V [medium settings], Red Dead Redemption 2 [lowest settings] & Forza Horizon 4 [low settings]. I am very disheartened to say the least as I bought this PC after 7 years of using i5 1st gen laptop.

I am ready to answer any and all questions including benchmarks on GTA V. I deleted Forza Horizon 4 earlier because of this stuttering as it was more obvious and effective there (it's a racing game, duh!).

I just wish to know what could potentially be causing this. I'm pretty sure it's not a GPU related issue as both GPU & CPU drop to around 10% usage, causing the games to stutter.

Please also recommend me what drivers I should download for my GTX 1060 3gb card to attain maximum performance.

PC SPECIFICATIONS:
I7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
Zotac GTX 1060 3gb (drivers: 461.40]
Dell OptiPlex 7010 motherboard
Ram: 2x4 GB @ 1.3 GHz
500 watts PSU (some Chinese one idk)

Solution
They're normal I believe. Both GPU and CPU reach around ~78* C whilst running RDR2. I noticed 'DISK' in Task Manager reaches 100% when the stutter happens, and it's not only the game that uses all of it, it's some 'Nvidia Container' that uses almost as much of it as the game itself, could it be the culprit? And is this 'DISK' the Hard drive usage you're talking about?
Yeah, disk is the hard drive which is the main cause of the stutters, I assume that you're not using an SSD else the 100% usage wouldn't happen. If this was the case, I would recommend buying a SATA 3 SSD with at least 128Gb and install the OS on it, you will see night and day difference and you will get rid of the stutters.
INTRODUCTION:
I recently managed to save enough money to buy myself a PC good enough to run some of the latest games. But it came with a problem, some of the games (GTA V for example) are stuttering.

PROBLEM:
Both GPU and CPU drop to around 10% of usage for a second or so, this causes the game to stutter before recovering back to stable 60 FPS. It is not happening on one game but on multiples for example: GTA V [medium settings], Red Dead Redemption 2 [lowest settings] & Forza Horizon 4 [low settings]. I am very disheartened to say the least as I bought this PC after 7 years of using i5 1st gen laptop.

I am ready to answer any and all questions including benchmarks on GTA V. I deleted Forza Horizon 4 earlier because of this stuttering as it was more obvious and effective there (it's a racing game, duh!).

I just wish to know what could potentially be causing this. I'm pretty sure it's not a GPU related issue as both GPU & CPU drop to around 10% usage, causing the games to stutter.

Please also recommend me what drivers I should download for my GTX 1060 3gb card to attain maximum performance.

PC SPECIFICATIONS:
I7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
Zotac GTX 1060 3gb (drivers: 461.40]
Dell OptiPlex 7010 motherboard
Ram: 2x4 GB @ 1.3 GHz
500 watts PSU (some Chinese one idk)
Please run this and post a link to your results.

Feb 24, 2021
When the stutter happens, do you see a 100% usage for the hard drive?

What are your cpu and gpu temperatures?
They're normal I believe. Both GPU and CPU reach around ~78* C whilst running RDR2. I noticed 'DISK' in Task Manager reaches 100% when the stutter happens, and it's not only the game that uses all of it, it's some 'Nvidia Container' that uses almost as much of it as the game itself, could it be the culprit? And is this 'DISK' the Hard drive usage you're talking about?

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
Yeah, disk is the hard drive which is the main cause of the stutters, I assume that you're not using an SSD else the 100% usage wouldn't happen. If this was the case, I would recommend buying a SATA 3 SSD with at least 128Gb and install the OS on it, you will see night and day difference and you will get rid of the stutters.

Solution
Feb 24, 2021
Guess I'll get back to saving money then. Anyways, in conclusion, it is the main cause of stutters right? I do not have any faulty hardware yes?

TRENDING THREADS