1060 3GB Terribly Low FPS and Load % During Game Play. Help!

kintcard88

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm new to PC's! I built one and for 2 months things have been pretty amazing.

I'm a bit worried now though.
While playing PUBG I'm only getting 15-33 FPS.
The CAM monitoring software is also telling me that the temperatures are great but the GPU is only under 45% load.

It's so odd, the card was giving me a solid 70-90 FPS and full load for a while.

I'm new to gaming and PC's so I'm not even sure where to begin.

I've made minor graphics tweaks for PUBG but nothing that seemed too complicated in the YouTube videos.

The change also was gradual. There was no quick drop, it has just been getting worse and worse over the past 3-4 weeks.

I was so excited and really enjoying gaming but now I'm really discouraged because everything is unplayable.

PUBG, ARMA 3 and Cities: Skylines all lag and have weird stuttering and horizontal tearing lines when I move too quickly.

Thank you!
The link below is my build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PCRDH/saved/bsgXHx

Solution
Try opening NVIDIA Control Panel, click on 'Manage 3D settings' on the left panel, then click on the 'Program settings' tab. Find the game you need on the drop down list then in the settings find 'Power management mode' and in the drop down list select 'Prefer maximum performance'.

Salari

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
Try opening NVIDIA Control Panel, click on 'Manage 3D settings' on the left panel, then click on the 'Program settings' tab. Find the game you need on the drop down list then in the settings find 'Power management mode' and in the drop down list select 'Prefer maximum performance'.

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

sounds like thermal throttling

use msi afterburner to monitor cpu temps while you play, it may be overheating and making it cripple itself to keep from dying