Question 1060 6gb with athlon x4 840

Daste

Reputable
Jun 20, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm buying a GTX 1060 6GB Inno3D, but I was wondering if it supports CPU Athlon X4 840. Also, does it support 550w psu? Will it work fine?
Ty

What is the actual MODEL of the power supply?

That CPU is going to likely present a moderate bottleneck with that graphics card because it's five year old processor that was weak even when it was very first released and it doesn't even have enough cores or core strength to keep up with a crappy FX series CPU. It will however "work" with it, it's just not going to work at it's full potential.

Thanks! Here's the model of the PSU
rhino rx-550pa
When you asked if 550 watts will do it...I answered the question based on that. 550 watts will do it.

Here's the thing with that power supply...I'm thinking that it's most likely a low quality supply and I would consider changing it out for something better.

It probably will work.....but I wouldn't want to risk it failing and damaging all my components.

Just something you might want to consider.

That's a dumpster fire type power supply. You do not want to use that with a new graphics card, or with ANY system for that matter. The fact that you haven't already had a major problem because of it merely indicates that you've been extremely lucky. Or, you might not have. It may have already caused some incremental damage to your existing hardware. I'd replace it as soon as possible. You will want a good 450-550w model for that GTX 1060. 550w would be preferred but if it's an exceptionally good unit, then 450w should be enough.