1060 can run games for another 6 years?

May 9, 2018
Its 2018 and i wonder what gpu can run games on high-medium another 6 years?
I cant buy another one till 6 years and i cabt get 1080ti so i was wondering if 1060 or 1070 can work out with me!

Solution
Hard to tell mate as we can't foresee what the future holds. A 1060 is a great card for now but games are becoming more and more demanding as time goes past so making it last 6 years for medium-high settings can be a tall order. Look at the 780ti for example-released at the end of 2013, absolute beast in its prime but 5 years later although its still a good performer its outclassed by "mainstream" orientated cards such as the 1060.
Hard to tell mate as we can't foresee what the future holds. A 1060 is a great card for now but games are becoming more and more demanding as time goes past so making it last 6 years for medium-high settings can be a tall order. Look at the 780ti for example-released at the end of 2013, absolute beast in its prime but 5 years later although its still a good performer its outclassed by "mainstream" orientated cards such as the 1060.

Solution

Well if you look at the past you can see a gtx 660ti run games from 2018 at 720p low settings and still do somewhat decently (depending on the game). However you should really get the 6gb version because it performs better and the way things are going that extra 3gb of vram is going to come in real handy.

Ofcourse it could very well be that something happens down the line with games and suddenly your 1060 is no longer enough. You never know.