[SOLVED] 1060 has no VGA...

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Please can someone tell me, why my old gtx 750 ti has both vga and dvi avaliable, but the new 1060 that i got only has a dvi? Its not a huge problem, but why i have to spend more money on a product that i already paid a solid price for.

Solution
the problem is GPU maker have long stop supporting VGA natively on their GPU. even for DVI GPU maker have cease to support them natively inside their GPU. AMD since late 2013 and nvidia since late 2018. most often it is AIB that add that additional support for VGA and DVI. DVI is still quite popular hence even high end GPU still have them but for VGA ports even entry level gaming GPU it is very rare to see them.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
the problem is GPU maker have long stop supporting VGA natively on their GPU. even for DVI GPU maker have cease to support them natively inside their GPU. AMD since late 2013 and nvidia since late 2018. most often it is AIB that add that additional support for VGA and DVI. DVI is still quite popular hence even high end GPU still have them but for VGA ports even entry level gaming GPU it is very rare to see them.

Solution

kiriakos-gr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
www.ittsb.eu
I do cross my fingers to end up as lucky, when I will plug the ASUS GTX 1660 super with my DELL 23" this supporting DVI-D among with new display port which seems having not that strong mechanical design in comparison to DVI-D plug and cable.