Question 1060 not fitting in PCI slot.

Mar 22, 2019
Mar 22, 2019
Is that an MSI card?

If all other cards align properly, you may be looking at a manufacturer's defect on the GPU. You may want to call MSI tech support to see if there is a resolution, or a justification for an RMA.

On some cards, I have had to "adjust" the bracket alignment a bit, but I would never do something like that with a GPU.

Also check to see if the inset that the card brackets screw to is adjustable at all. Some models of cases have this screwed to the case with a bit of adjustability to them.

I looked at the photo and it looks perfectly in, due to the fact that we can see the Barcode of your GPU and it looks exactly the same (straight) with the same gap from the left to the right.
I know it's a pain in the arse, but maybe you need to remove the motherboard from the case, and try it that way. This way you know nothing should be stopping it.
Another thing you may want to check is that the pins inside the slot have not bent over, this can happen and of course, when installing a new GPU you should be using DDU to remove ALL old drivers and install new ones.

Oh...also check the bottom "tongue" of the card bracket. it may need a bit of an adjustment too. It really helps if you can get a visual on where that tongue is going from the other side, which means that the other cabinet side needs to come off and--hopefully-- you will be able to see if something is interfering with the bracket as it pokes through the slot (screw, a sheet metal edge, etc). In some cases you have to trim that tongue a bit, or bend the end so that it will avoid the obstacle as it's being inserted.

Other times you have to "adjust" the case to remove the interfering piece of whatever it is; and, in the long run, that is the preferred method of dealing with the problem.

Looking again at the photo....if that crystal is actually hitting the bottom of the board, then you will have to either notch the GPU board--if you can without cutting a trace--to give clearance to the crystal housing to permit the board to bottom fully in the PCIe socket.

I wish MB manufacturers would stop mounting things at the ends of I/O expansion sockets.

Last edited: