1060 Unable to run minecraft at higher than 58fps

May 27, 2018
I've already done the usual ddu reinstall and reset everything, I have an i5 6500 and this sits at 45c gpu chilling at 47c in minecraft, used to be able to hit fps in the 1000's now it cant get above 58fps

Solution
If you play in windowed mode, Windows uses a form of v-sync no matter what you do. It used to at least, allow for super high FPS, but you never saw more than your refresh rate, as it just throws away the extra frames, so in reality, you only had 60 FPS before, if that is how you played. See if there is a fullscreen mode.

Note: Is there any point at all to have higher FPS than your refresh rate in Minecraft?
May 27, 2018

already used ddu 1080p I dont believe it has been capped in anyway. already turned vsync off in nvdia's software

If you play in windowed mode, Windows uses a form of v-sync no matter what you do. It used to at least, allow for super high FPS, but you never saw more than your refresh rate, as it just throws away the extra frames, so in reality, you only had 60 FPS before, if that is how you played. See if there is a fullscreen mode.

Note: Is there any point at all to have higher FPS than your refresh rate in Minecraft?

Solution

RaidHobbit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014

In your Nvidia control panel is VSync turned on or off?

If its on then your card limits its fps, but if its off it will run full blast all of the time. My 970 full blast does over 500fps on Minecraft which makes the game unplayable. I have to limit it with VSync and then its 60fps.

VI_fizz

Honorable
May 17, 2014
Minecraft has a built-in frame limiter, go through the settings to see if that is on. You should be able to change it to a higher fps or disable it entirely.