Jan 15, 2018
Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M LE
CPU: Intel i7-2600
RAM: Seitec 1333mhz 4gb
Kingston 1333mhz 4GB
PSU: Silverstone Strider 500W
Monitor: ASUS VC239h 60hz
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 6GB windforce RGB
(https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125881 only looks the G1 gaming, but it is not the G1 gaming version)

My previous GPU was an MSI 1050ti, i swapped it and added cash to a gigabyte 1060. With this 1060, I'm experiencing stutters unlike with my 1050ti before (IDK what stutter really means but I'm pertaining to the sudden drop of FPS, like its gonna be steady 60 fps then drops to 40 then back to 60fps, that kind of stutter. NOTE: it even stutters without moving the screen) and I've been trying different methods, like trust me, it's been days already trying to figure it out, these are the steps I made.

- Reinstalling RAM, CMOS battery, and GPU
- Changed from HDMI to DVI-D connector
- Uninstalling graphics driver using DDU and then installing again (Have done this with different nvidia driver versions, 384.76, 390.77, 411.70, 416.34, and current: 399.24)
- Adjusted Nvidia settings many times, depends on what I see on posts/videos.
- Used a command prompt fix attempt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=482cvIuILT0)
- Trying to disable some services (also from posts)
- Used an antivirus for viruses and also registry cleaner
- Installed gpu driver with antivirus on and off
- Enabling and Disabling Turbo Boost and Intel speedshift on BIOS

((I have not tried reinstalling windows 7 as a fix cause it would cost a lot of time, maybe you had an experience and reinstalling windows solved it? please share if you had))

Additional Info: When it stutters, I often view MSI afterburner and the Core clock MHz drops ex. from 1873 to 1506, 1202 more or less

When playing AC3 and AC4 black flag, the stutter only appears oftentimes, but when I play pubg mobile (tencent gaming) and black desert online sea, the stutter constantly appears like every 10 sec more or less.

I really need help, I don't know what to do anymore, I've read different kinds of posts, watched different videos and none solved it.

Maybe I may find something useful if you had an experience or maybe an advice. Thank you.

[strike]1. 4GB is bare minimum to run any windows os, never mind for gaming, I would bump that easily to 8GB and more likely to 16GB.
[/strike]2. have you run HWINFO in sensor mode while gaming, leaving it run in the background to see if your cpu is not overheating (ie temps over 85'c)
(this would mean you need to clean and reapply thermal paste and/or change fan)

and that is all I can think of.

You were doing quite well until you got to the bit about pirating Windows.

We don't support that behaviour or any other stealing Intellectual property from individuals or companies. You may come back with a thread that doesn't admit to that and you may get some answers.

This thread is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.