1060 with Adaptive Sync

Apr 16, 2018
So I was wondering at first if I should get a G Sync monitor but I was told by a person that I can just enable Adaptive Sync. This seemed like a great idea but acording to Nvidia's website, the 1060 dosne't have adaptive sync in the settings.

I don't really know what to do so if someone could help that would be awesome.

G-Sync is not the same as Adaptive V-Sync.
Adaptive V-Sync kicks in when you go above your monitor's refresh rate and it gets disabled when below.
Nvidia's G-Sync, like AMD FreeSync syncs GPU and monitor to providea smooth gaming experience.
If you are planning to have Nvidia GPUs the you should go with a G-Sync monitor.

Apr 16, 2018

Okay thanks for that info.
1. So adaptive V-Sync isn't available with 1060?
2. This is my first time building a PC so I'm still wondering if there is a big difference in picking up an AMD card( Except for the very cheep sync tech ) over an Nvida card. I've read that the RX 480(?) is the equivalent to the 1060 and if there is a dip in performance and yeah.

Sorry for asking many questions, I'm new to the PC world.

That's not what I suggested. I was just explaining the difference between Adaptive V-Sync and G-Sync, so you could make an informed decision.
You might be able to enable Adaptive V-Sync with 1060

The RX 480 and RX580 will perform similar than GTX 1060

Apr 16, 2018

1. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I think I'll get someone to confirm that you can use adaptive sync on the 1060.
2. Ok thanks.

Only AMD and Intel support Adaptive Sync, Nvidia supports Adaptive Vsync and to work both video card and monitor must support it.