Commendable
Apr 11, 2021
Hello everyone, new user here :D

I am looking for a new computer and i have already bought some components

• Motherboard: MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus
  • Ram: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200Mhz
  • Case: NZXT H510
Here, where I live, I can find a combo for 300 bucks
10600kf + AIO high OC something like a Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT or a NZXT Kraken X53 (i'm open to recommendations)
11600kf + 50-60$ air cooling with a little OC like an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo or Scythe Fuma 2 (also open but I want something that stays cool with the esthetic of my build)

Also how much Watt do i need for my power supply? 700 watts can be good?. Any recommendations?

I will use it for multimedia, music software, virtualizing and some gaming at 1080p 144hz (maybe 1440p) when the cards get cheaper.

What would you recommend me for around 300 bucks?
Thank you very much everyone :)

Last edited:
Solution
That air cooler seems pretty expensive for what you get. It's actually a pretty small cooler so performance won't be that great. Certainly nothing compared to an H100i. For $50 to $60 you could get a far superior Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B/C or Thermalright Macho Direct. Basically look at the differences in fin thickness and number of heat pipes. If those aren't available where you live. Then there is likely something similar. Some higher end ones split the fins into two sections.

At any rate. Even with high end cooling. It'll be pretty tough for a 10600K/KF to close the gap with an 11600K/KF. If the 11600 has good enough cooling.

As for a PSU 650W or higher from a good quality line. Such as the Seasonic Focus or Prime series or Corsair RMx...
That air cooler seems pretty expensive for what you get. It's actually a pretty small cooler so performance won't be that great. Certainly nothing compared to an H100i. For $50 to $60 you could get a far superior Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B/C or Thermalright Macho Direct. Basically look at the differences in fin thickness and number of heat pipes. If those aren't available where you live. Then there is likely something similar. Some higher end ones split the fins into two sections.

At any rate. Even with high end cooling. It'll be pretty tough for a 10600K/KF to close the gap with an 11600K/KF. If the 11600 has good enough cooling.

As for a PSU 650W or higher from a good quality line. Such as the Seasonic Focus or Prime series or Corsair RMx series. There's been various revisions in these series. So, people will say such and such variant is better than another and they are right. But overall they are solid series and much better made than most of the junk out there. So, unless you have a lot of options I wouldn't worry too much beyond that. As I know in a lot of countries, options are limited. They are a bit pricey. But a solid PSU helps with system reliability and has better protection against voltage problems and catastrophic power failures. There's plenty of other good ones out there. I'm just keeping it simple.

Solution

Ragnarok236

Commendable
Apr 11, 2021
Hello, thank you so much for your replies.
I decided to go for the 10600k and now I'm going for an aio, maybe the kraken x53.

About the PSU, it's still fine Corsair RM-650 with the cpu overclocked and a 3060ti - 3070? Here PSU are a bit expensive (the one mentioned costs 105 chf.

First of all, do not pick one of the f suffix processors until you actually have a discrete graphics card in hand.
You need integrated graphics to get you going.
Your NZXT H510 is a decent case for air cooling.
The only time you can really use an aio cooler or a high end cooler is if you are indulging in overclocking.
With the modern intel processors, particularly the 11th gen, I would not overclock and let the motherboard and processor manage the turbo.
That gets you max performance on a couple of cores when you need it.

From your choices, I would think that a I5-11600K and a scythe fuma 2 would do the job.
There are two pluses over the i5-10600K.
The 11th gen has improved performance per clock, up to 19%
The integrated graphics is HD750 which is some 2x faster than the older HD630.

Gaming performance is going to be limited by the performance of your graphics card.
I5-10600K is a good gamer; here is a review:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i5-10600k-cpu-review/5
The i5-10600K has 12 threads and a total passmark rating of 14663.
That is when all 12 threads are 100% busy.
Not likely unless you are running multithreaded apps.
The single thread rating is 2941 which is arguably the more important metric for gaming and desktop quickness.
The i5-11600K also has 12 threads and a rating of 19694/3348.

Look to see if you can buy a I5-11400 reasonably, that might be equally good.
It includes HD730 graphics.
It has 12 threads and a rating of 19694/3091 which is actually better than the 10600K.
As a plus, it comes with a perfectly adequate stock cooler.

I would NOT use liquid cooling when air will do the job.
AIO is more expensive, no more efficient, will wear out in time and while uncommon, they do on occasion leak with disastrous consequences.