[SOLVED] 1070 error code 43

Jacb94

Prominent
May 5, 2020
A few weeks ago my 1070 failed after a restart, everything was working fine before it, after the restart it does this thing where some pixels glitch out when it goes from the motherboard logo to the OS, the resolution drops to 800x600 and the device manager shows my card with a error code 43.

Some of my friends tried to use my card on another computer but the card wouldn't post, then I tried Using DDU and reinstall the drivers but the code is still there, then I switched cards and plugged my 1070 and the code didn't show but as soon as I tried using the 1070 alone the code came back, the windows display driver managed to up the resolution to 1080 for a little while before dropping back to 800.

What I would like to know is whether or not my card can be saved or should I just get another card.

Solution
Unfortunately, Code 43 is a hardware failure with nvidia cards in most cases. The chip is working hence it is being detected but there is a problem with one or more periphery devices on the card (memory or VRM I see the most).
What brand is it? I might take it for parts and post a repair log here... :)
Unfortunately, Code 43 is a hardware failure with nvidia cards in most cases. The chip is working hence it is being detected but there is a problem with one or more periphery devices on the card (memory or VRM I see the most).

Reactions: Jacb94
Solution

Jacb94

Prominent
May 5, 2020
It's a zotac mini, i don't think I could give it to you cause I'm outside the US, anyways thanks for giving me closure to this