1070 GTX + 3570k upgrade worth it to 3770?

no_way_today

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hi i have a h67 MOBO (itx) with a 1070gtx and a 3570k (not overclocked) and 16gb ramn. Is it useful to upgrade this pc with a 3770. Cause bf1 isnt really smooth. Ive 100f/ps but it shutters cause of full cpu load i think.

Solution
BF1 is one of a fewer new titles that can take every thread you have. I have responded to a lot of posts from folks with i5s distraught over their frame rates in BF1 with high end GPUs. The sad truth is 4C/4T is becoming the new entry level to gaming real quick, arguably even 4C/8T. With AMD putting the pressure on this trend will only grow. Intels next gen i5s are rumored to be 6C/6T and i7s 6C/12T to help them compete better with AMD. Dev's are already making the move to more cores then in the past, largely i thanks to the xbox one and PS4 using 8cores...though if i recall correctly dev's have use of only 7 cores (originally 6 but they unlocked the 7th core on both platforms).
For battlefield 1 yes, it's a very cpu heavy game and that i5 is not enough for a gtx 1070 in that game. When you have the i7 the stutters should disappear. :)

Even my i7 4790 is something nearing 100% usage in BF1, luckily not stutters, but if that cpu is already getting to 100% then that i5 will definitely.

Also make sure you play at dx11 and not dx12 if you were. :)

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
BF1 is one of a fewer new titles that can take every thread you have. I have responded to a lot of posts from folks with i5s distraught over their frame rates in BF1 with high end GPUs. The sad truth is 4C/4T is becoming the new entry level to gaming real quick, arguably even 4C/8T. With AMD putting the pressure on this trend will only grow. Intels next gen i5s are rumored to be 6C/6T and i7s 6C/12T to help them compete better with AMD. Dev's are already making the move to more cores then in the past, largely i thanks to the xbox one and PS4 using 8cores...though if i recall correctly dev's have use of only 7 cores (originally 6 but they unlocked the 7th core on both platforms).

Solution

no_way_today

Honorable
May 7, 2012
So the 3770 would be better then the 3570k, but is it worth it, i can buy a secondhand for 120 € and sell my 3570k for 70€, so its an investement of 50€. Or can i better save it and buy a ryzen or i7 newest (with mobo ea)