1070 MSI GAMING Z MHZ problems

KitsuGf

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Well, dont know how to explain that:

I have several drops of MHZ on my MSI Afterburner. When i dont play a game (idle) its stable at 278 (its okey), but when i open a game, sometimes maybe dance at 1000/1400mhz when i put V-sync, but when i put off the V-sync, Mhz works well (1900)...

The problem is, when i put the Vsync, games sometimes drops at 55/58FPS and when its off the game never drop at 100. (In battlefield1 for example)

Dont know why, but my 1070 dont work at all when i put Vsync and its bad because sometimes cause me drops of FPS.

I read some people say its for the driver and maybe do a rollback to 368.81 its better idea.

Can someone help me?

PS 1: I dont touch nothing of OC in MSI Afterburner or MSI Gaming APP, just a Click on OC mode.
PS Specs:

i7-2700k 4.0Ghz
16GB RAM at 1600mhz
1050 Corsair power supply.
1TB WD 7200rp.

Solution
Vsync caps your FPS at your Monitor's max Hz. You seem to have a 60Hz monitor, so Vsync will cap games at 60FPS. But, that can cause some performance issues.

Go to the NVidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Scroll to the bottom of Global Settings until you see the Vsync option. Change it to 'adaptive'. This allows it to be capped at 60, but it will have less of an impact on performance and you wont see it drop below 60 FPS because of VSync's performance impact. The only way it drops below 60 FPS is when your Graphics Card can't cant get over 60+ FPS (not caused by Vsync).

Another option is to change it to "Fast". It will have very minimal impact on performance. IF you get over 120 FPS in most games, it will be perfect...

Dethan1999

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Vsync caps your FPS at your Monitor's max Hz. You seem to have a 60Hz monitor, so Vsync will cap games at 60FPS. But, that can cause some performance issues.

Go to the NVidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Scroll to the bottom of Global Settings until you see the Vsync option. Change it to 'adaptive'. This allows it to be capped at 60, but it will have less of an impact on performance and you wont see it drop below 60 FPS because of VSync's performance impact. The only way it drops below 60 FPS is when your Graphics Card can't cant get over 60+ FPS (not caused by Vsync).

Another option is to change it to "Fast". It will have very minimal impact on performance. IF you get over 120 FPS in most games, it will be perfect. If not, you may notice some Screen tearing.

Test around with Adaptive and Fast sync and see what works for you!

Solution

KitsuGf

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015

But i dont understand, its normal Play bf1 full at 1000mhz?

For example. Warframe its 800/800 :S

TRENDING THREADS