[SOLVED] 1070 multiple monitors & iGPU questions

Brian_230

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
I have a gaming monitor (144hz), secondary monitor (60hz), and a 43" led tv (1080p @ 60hz), that I want to run off my PC (i5-7600k & z270 A-Pro)

My current plan is to run the gaming monitor off the 1070 and run the secondary monitor AND the TV off the mb iGPU. I will only be gaming with the 144hz gaming monitor.

Questions:

1) Will the iGPU be able to run 1080p quality movies/streaming shows on the secondary monitor and TV?

2) Are there any issues with running the 1070 and iGPU at same time, if they are plugged into diff monitors?

3) Would there be any benefit to running ALL 3 monitors from the 1070? I figure all I'd be doing is losing frames for gaming monitor, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Solution
You can't use the iGPU with a card installed, it simple won't output anything.

The 1070 will have not problems running 3 (or 4) monitors. During gaming you're not going to be losing frames by having the other monitors on and displaying, unless you have them doing graphically intensive work, which would make no sense while you're busy playing games.

coolnate390

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
Pretty sure the 1070 will be able to handle all 3 itself if it has the ports. Using iGPU will put more strain on the CPU which you will want for your games. I am not sure if you can even do both iGPU and GPU at the same time, just stick with the 1070.

You can't use the iGPU with a card installed, it simple won't output anything.

The 1070 will have not problems running 3 (or 4) monitors. During gaming you're not going to be losing frames by having the other monitors on and displaying, unless you have them doing graphically intensive work, which would make no sense while you're busy playing games.

Solution