[SOLVED] 1070 ti idle temp 40-44c

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018
msi aero is idling around these temps, is this safe? i know its a blower gpu, but is there anything I can do? been stressing out on this card ever since I got it, but it was my only option at the time..

Solution
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that temps. The GPU is supposed to be OK under 80ºC, working or not, and preferably under 70ºC. My MSI 1070 Armor even has its fans stopped when it is under 60ºC and I guess your Aero do that too. You are perfectly fine with that idle temps.

You can add an aftermarket cooler but it's just pointless.

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

ya?? am i just being very paranoid? i just hope i didn't damage my card because i was playing overwatch and i checked my temps within maybe like 10 min and noticed that my fan was locked at 30% for some reason and it hit 94c and immediately turned on afterburner and set my fan speed on and brought it back down to the 80s.. i really hope it didn't damage it :(

Phazoner

Distinguished
No, the idle temps you posted in the first moment are fine but that load temps are bad. Use MSI Afterburner + Rivatuner to watch your temperatures while playing and try Afterburner configuration to modify fan speed curve as it shouldn't be stuck at 30% speed. I would set it to 100% at 80ºC.

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

ya I changed it when it happened, i don't know why it was stuck at 30% but i did fix that issue, was just worried about these idle temps

is there anyway to add an aftermarket cooler?

Phazoner

Distinguished
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that temps. The GPU is supposed to be OK under 80ºC, working or not, and preferably under 70ºC. My MSI 1070 Armor even has its fans stopped when it is under 60ºC and I guess your Aero do that too. You are perfectly fine with that idle temps.

You can add an aftermarket cooler but it's just pointless.

Solution

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

I ended up getting rid of that card and getting a used gtx 1080 ti