[SOLVED] 1070 TI not working

May 5, 2021
Whenever I boot up my computer, I get horizontal multicolored lines with a grainy white background, just multicolored lines or white lines on a black background. I can see the windows loading icon just fine but nothing else. I can boot into windows and use my computer, but I can't utilize the card. My computer recognizes the card, but the card comes up with error code 43 in device manager. In GPUz, the card has no core clock or memory and Nvidia control panel does not appear. I've tried reseating multiple times and using DDU to wipe all drivers. Is there anything else that can be done? I can't insert photos into the thread so here's an Imgur link with the photos.
  • ROG B550-F m otherboard
  • Ryzen 9 3900X
  • GTX 1070 TI Amp Extreme
  • 16gb Corsair Vengence pro
  • NZXT C750

Solution
Dead GPU. Might be repairable, probably not.

Likely cause is damage to the final digitiser chip that encodes the final signal to your monitor cable and is connected to the monitor ports.

Before you throw it out, open it up and give everything a good clean with isopropyl alcohol and see if you can spot any loose connections near the monitor ports that might be fixable with a tiny dab of solder.

It’s already dead, the worst you can do is kill it more.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021

Likely cause is damage to the final digitiser chip that encodes the final signal to your monitor cable and is connected to the monitor ports.

Before you throw it out, open it up and give everything a good clean with isopropyl alcohol and see if you can spot any loose connections near the monitor ports that might be fixable with a tiny dab of solder.

Reactions: Antho3
Solution
May 5, 2021
Im afraid it has died...
Artifacts like that are usually a sign of a dead graphics card.
You've reinstalled the drivers multiple times, which is basically the only thing you can do.
Have you tried opening the card up and looking for physical damage on the PCB?
Yes I have. There is no visible damage or bulging capacitors on the PCB. Should I post a picture of the PCB just in case I'm missing something?

May 5, 2021

Would the digitizer chip be near the display ports? Could one bad port cause this issue? Is there a chip per display output? Bear with me, I'm not too experienced with logic boards