Question 1070 works in one computer but not another?

Bought an ASUS 1070 strix, works in my other machine that already had a 1070 just fine, so it's not the card. The computer in question boots just fine with it's old GTX 660, but will beep once and then no display with the 1070 installed.

The PSU in the problem computer is also brand new and works in my computer.

The problem computer's specs:
PSU: corsair CX750M
MOBO: ASUS m5a97 plus
CPU: amd fx8350
GPU: ASUS gtx1070 ROG strix

Again, this problem computer boots up just fine and I can get into the BIOS with it's previous gtx 660 installed. The strix card works absolutely fine in another computer.

I've tried updating the BIOS on the problem mobo, aside from that I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

To answer questions above, the BIOS did upgrade successfully, and I even tried a few different version releases, no dice.

Strangely enough, the problem has been "solved" I took the ASUS 1070 Strix from the working machine and put it in the "picky" mobo. Booted right up. Took the 1070 Strix that wasn't allowing booting and put it in the other computer, booted up as well. So both machines working with their identical cards that they prefer or whatever. Real head scratcher! Physically, the 2 cards appear identical, no visible differences or damage to either card or PCIe slots on the mobos... I guess I'll take it, but I'd still like to understand what was happening.