[SOLVED] 1070 worth upgrading to 2070 super?

Solution
I have a 60hz monitor. But I feel like games could run better either he 1070
Ofcourse, certain games will benefit the beefy GPU, especially if you want high graphics settings. If you have to lower the settings to achieve stable 60FPS - go for it. Other games might feel more snappy with higher frame rate even on 60hz monitor.
But the general downside is that you monitor is unable to show framerates higher than 60, so it really doesn't matter if your pricy new card can output 100FPS.
It still can be your futureproof GPU to play comfortably at 60 FPS for several years.

I would go for 5700XT if I were you, though.
I have a 60hz monitor. But I feel like games could run better either he 1070
Ofcourse, certain games will benefit the beefy GPU, especially if you want high graphics settings. If you have to lower the settings to achieve stable 60FPS - go for it. Other games might feel more snappy with higher frame rate even on 60hz monitor.
But the general downside is that you monitor is unable to show framerates higher than 60, so it really doesn't matter if your pricy new card can output 100FPS.
It still can be your futureproof GPU to play comfortably at 60 FPS for several years.

I would go for 5700XT if I were you, though.

Reactions: Ley
Solution
Dec 14, 2019
Right now the RTX line is still building on its primary feature: ray-tracing. You can't use ray tracing for most games, and those you can you'll be experiencing at 50fps on 1440p. Only the 2080 can squeak out 4k.

I agree with the above assertion that the RT5700XT is probably a better choice. It has comparable benchmarks to the 2070, and you'll save a hundred dollars just on the base price of the card.