[SOLVED] 10700F with GTX 970 When i start playing the game system shutsdown and restarts (is it PSU issue?)

Dec 19, 2020
Recently i upgraded my motherboard and cpu to i7 10700f and msi mag z490 tomahawk. GPU is GTX 970.

When i try to open a game the system reboots like a power failure happened.My PSU is Tauro 500 Watt +80 Bronze its not enough or hardware stuff? Do i need 600W or 650W.And i did OCCT test when i started the psu test , my pc closed and rebooted.(PSU is 5 years old i know that can be too)

Solution
Should i buy with 650w for future upgrades?I can buy 650 can't go up to the 700w.
I think about
COOLER MASTER MWE 80PLUS BRONZE 650W 2xEPS

Like I've said, I wouldn't be putting anything less than a good quality Gold unit in a build. The CM is just an okay PSU. It might do fine, it might not. From a wattage point of view, it's sufficient.

Edit: If I can give any simple advise about PSU's it would be this: Don't skimp out on some higher wattage PSU, solely because it has more wattage. In PSU land, wattage is only a simple way to measure. It's more often about the quality of the builds. A Gold rated 550w PSU will last you 7-10 years, and will cover you needs with room to spare. You could get a cheap 650w bronze...
Hey there,

Yes, it's your PSU. The one you have is not very good at all. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

You don't really need more than a 550w, but you should get a good quality Gold unit. Something like a Corsiar TXM/RMX/RMI. Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3. They are all quality PSU's with 7-10 year warranties.

Dec 19, 2020
Hey there,

Yes, it's your PSU. The one you have is not very good at all. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

You don't really need more than a 550w, but you should get a good quality Gold unit. Something like a Corsiar TXM/RMX/RMI. Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3. They are all quality PSU's with 7-10 year warranties.
Should i buy with 650w for future upgrades?I can buy 650 can't go up to the 700w.
I think about

I think about

Like I've said, I wouldn't be putting anything less than a good quality Gold unit in a build. The CM is just an okay PSU. It might do fine, it might not. From a wattage point of view, it's sufficient.

Edit: If I can give any simple advise about PSU's it would be this: Don't skimp out on some higher wattage PSU, solely because it has more wattage. In PSU land, wattage is only a simple way to measure. It's more often about the quality of the builds. A Gold rated 550w PSU will last you 7-10 years, and will cover you needs with room to spare. You could get a cheap 650w bronze PSU and it might only get you through 2-3 years warranty, and possibly fail because it's just not as good components.

I'm always gonna say get the better quality PSU as it will work from one build to the next and you can rely on it.

Last edited:
Solution
Dec 19, 2020

Edit: If I can give any simple advise about PSU's it would be this: Don't skimp out on some higher wattage PSU, solely because it has more wattage. In PSU land, wattage is only a simple way to measure. It's more often about the quality of the builds. A Gold rated 550w PSU will last you 7-10 years, and will cover you needs with room to spare. You could get a cheap 650w bronze PSU and it might only get you through 2-3 years warranty, and possibly fail because it's just not as good components.

I'm always gonna say get the better quality PSU as it will work from one build to the next and you can rely on it.
U are right but i don't have enough money to get gold rated.I live in Turkey so tax heaven.I can buy psu around 600-700TL which equals to 65.5-91 $ (500w-600w-650w around these watts )thats it and i need it right now because of lectures in university and applications.So thats why i need it urgent and this seems right can you send some links about cheap but good quality.