Question 10700k overheating issue

Oct 8, 2021
I have a 10700k
Last night while I boot my pc it was fine but after 2/3mins it starts lagging and after some time, it turned off after that my CPU is overheating and I can't even boot up...but my 240mm air pump is working just as fine and thermal pastes are also fine.. usually, I ran my pc almost 15hrs a day...

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
I hope you place cpu correctly on socket. If you broke or distorted societe pins... its over. But it's small chance.
Possible badly mounted cooler or case airflow.
Check everything again.

Many liquid pumps degrade in performance after 24-36 months due to clogged internal microfins....

Your pump buzzing /vibrating and giving correct readings are not the same things as when one has a 'pump working just fine'....

YOu can spend another $100-$150 on another pump/radiator affair...

Or, if your case will accommodate a 168mm tall cooler, the Noctua NH-D15 (note the above user has an 11700K and the NH-D15!) is very quiet and darned effective.

Oct 8, 2021
Do NOT "Hijack" Threads ... start your own!
I just joined this forums, and I ran into a water cooler problem tonight. Maybe it is the problem of the pump in your case. I used my water cooling, which is integrated in my DEEPCOOL Dukase Liquid case, and the liquid just did not move after I installed i7-11700K tonight. I thought it may be pump problem after 4 year heavy using, but I found out it was some air in the pump and after I flipped my PC and waited the air moving away to other area, the pump just worked again. Good luck in your troubleshooting.

<MODERATORE WARNING>

Do NOT "Hijack" another Member's Thread!
Read the Forum Rules, then start your own Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just joined this forums, and I ran into a water cooler problem tonight. Maybe it is the problem of the pump in your case. I used my water cooling, which is integrated in my DEEPCOOL Dukase Liquid case, and the liquid just did not move after I installed i7-11700K tonight. I thought it may be pump problem after 4 year heavy using, but I found out it was some air in the pump and after I flipped my PC and waited the air moving away to other area, the pump just worked again. Good luck in your troubleshooting.
You really need to start a new thread.

Reactions: CompuTronix
I have a 10700k
Last night while I boot my pc it was fine but after 2/3mins it starts lagging and after some time, it turned off after that my CPU is overheating and I can't even boot up...but my 240mm air pump is working just as fine and thermal pastes are also fine.. usually, I ran my pc almost 15hrs a day...
If your CPU is overheating then it's likely your 240mm AIO is not working properly.

Reactions: CompuTronix

Crayon727

Prominent
Aug 24, 2021
Corsair h100i v2 using it for last 3years
So its a good cooler for the 10700k, but I feel like an upgrade would be worth it, what cpu did you use before upgrading to 10700k. Also the cpu cooler I recommend you to get is a noctua d15h those are beasts but its air cooler, idk if you want that.