[SOLVED] 10700k running hot defaults

Xnitro67

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
I just got this cpu and default auto its running too hot at first it can idle down to 30c but give it a bit and it just hit 50-70 just sitting there. I'm even at 50c at bios unless I turn off the turbo. The cpu has been delided and ihs is copper but I'm thinking just returning this and getting a normal one. I'm also thermal throttling if I stress test and that hits 101c!

Solution
So you have two 6700K CPUs, one normal that runs fine, and, presumably the other that overheats when overclocked by some unknown amount with some unknown voltage?

Some data on how you are overclocking it, what core voltage, clock speeds, etc., might assist. Not every CPU hits all core 4.8 GHz at 1.25V-1.3V without heating issues. Maybe the delid process has impeded contact with the die?

What clock speeds does the second (delidded) CPU hit at stock clock speeds under all-core loadings?

danjw91

Reputable
Nov 5, 2016
Have you applied too much thermal paste?

What about the cooler, could the cooler be not working as it should and need replacing?

Have you tried flashing the mobo to latest BIOS upgrade or does your mobo support that CPU?

Xnitro67

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
I have tried two different coolers and have same result it instantly goes 95c on stress certain games don't boot. I believe I'm fine on stock 3.8 but where's the fun in that everything was fine with the 6700k I have so I'm not sure whats up.

So you have two 6700K CPUs, one normal that runs fine, and, presumably the other that overheats when overclocked by some unknown amount with some unknown voltage?

Some data on how you are overclocking it, what core voltage, clock speeds, etc., might assist. Not every CPU hits all core 4.8 GHz at 1.25V-1.3V without heating issues. Maybe the delid process has impeded contact with the die?

What clock speeds does the second (delidded) CPU hit at stock clock speeds under all-core loadings?

Solution

Xnitro67

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
Well I think I know what the issue is its my overclock settings I may not have enough voltage I just got a watchdog error. I would put the llc on auto but that changes the vcore a lot more than it should
whoops was ment for my other thread but yea it was

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS