[SOLVED] 10700k vs 10600k

H. Finner

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
Hi, I currently have a Xeon e3-1231v3 since the beginning of time and want to upgrade my cpu. I am between the i7-10700k and the i5-10600k and am struggling between the two. I have been watching gamersnexus and see that while both are overclocked, in some cases the i5 beats the more expensive i7. But I am also afraid that because the i5 only has base 6 cores I would not be able to stream and do other tasks at the same time (which I have trouble with currently).

I am currently running a gtx 1080 and using a 1440p 165hz monitor and know I am lacking in some games. Which cpu would be better suited for me both now and in the future? I am not an editor or animator or anything, I just focus on gaming and some streaming.

Thanks!

Solution
Hi, I currently have a Xeon e3-1231v3 since the beginning of time and want to upgrade my cpu. I am between the i7-10700k and the i5-10600k and am struggling between the two. I have been watching gamersnexus and see that while both are overclocked, in some cases the i5 beats the more expensive i7. But I am also afraid that because the i5 only has base 6 cores I would not be able to stream and do other tasks at the same time (which I have trouble with currently).

I am currently running a gtx 1080 and using a 1440p 165hz monitor and know I am lacking in some games. Which cpu would be better suited for me both now and in the future? I am not an editor or animator or anything, I just focus on gaming and some streaming.

Thanks!

Thanks!
well by pure logic,more cores means more opportunities.
Since the 10700k has 8 cores,16 threads its bassically the perfect multitasking cpu.

Edit:And you can also get 10700k to 5.1Ghz which is just amazing

Solution

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
If you have the budget for it I'd recommend getting the i7. You should also use your GPU for encoding while you're streaming. It might be marginally better than the i5 in pure performance but it's going to be a lot better for multitasking while running more demanding tasks on it.