1070ti GPU shows up on GPUz but no signal for monitor

Oct 13, 2018
I bought an Alienware Aurora R7 with 16gigs of ddr4, liquid cooled i5 8400, AMD RX-560, 500gigs SSD. This PC came with a 460 watt PSU.

I bought an PNY Geforce GTX 1070TI from DELL. I removed the old RX-560 and installed the 1070 ti into the same PCIE slot. I connected the 8Pin-2X6Pin cable came with the 1070ti between the PSU and the GPU card. You can see my connection in the photo.
u8rln8cuswr11.jpg

Question 1: Am I making the correct connection for the GPU?

Question 2: My monitor could not get real signal came from the 1070ti (it shows signal received at the begining and goes dark, nothing really shows up), but it can receive signal (picture) from the integrated Intel GPU. And I can find the new GPU device from the “Device Manager” under Windows 10, the GPU-Z can also identify the 1070ti, and even got its temperature. Does it mean the 1070ti GPU is working?
cj38371vswr11.png

Question 3: If the 1070ti is working, how can I force the system to use it to output the video signal instead of the integrated GPU?

Question 4: If it is not working, how can I make it work? Should I upgrade the PSU? I found some requirement description which indicated that the minimum PSU is 500w.

I'm not too sure why it shows in device manager and yet doesn't output. But to start with, do away with that 2X6 connector and just use the 6+2 that I can see in the photo (the one with the 2 not plugged in), it is an 8 pin, so no need for an adapter. Not saying this will make any difference, but you never know.

Just thinking about this more, you never said you uninstalled the drivers for the RX 560. If you haven't already, uninstall them, DDU is a handy program to remove all traces of your drivers (including the motherboard drivers). If you run it then turn off the computer and plug the monitor into the new card, hopefully something displays.

Oct 13, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I finally got the 1070 ti work. I got signal out from the HDMI port, but all three Display port has no output. I was using Display cable before and that was why I couldn’t get the signal. But I don’t understand why the HDMI port could work while the Display port didn’t. Does the Display port require more power?