Discussion 1070Ti vs Vega 64 vs Rtx 2060 vs Vega 56

slavi_asenov2002

Honorable
Apr 11, 2018
TJ Hooker said:
You can take their relative performance and divide by the prices you listed to see which offers the best perf/dollar on average.
The thing is when i do the Price/fps the results are very close. Like all of them are between 6.4 and 6.8 - the calculations are made in BGN. So I ask about the pure performance because in many game titles the rtx is better or the same as the Vega 64 and the 1070Ti is trading with the Vega 56.
So if i want to buy one of the 4 cards, which one will be a better future proof for 1440p and 1080p gaming.
I made the conclusion the Vega 64 because of the additional 2GB of vram and Amd tendency of making the cards more like the wine - better when older.
I have no idea of other game changing features of the RTX 2060 beside the ray tr..

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Well, I don't know how much weight I'd put in AMD 'Fine Wine' driver improvements. I don't think Vega cards have seen any major performance improvements from drivers yet, and I can't see that suddenly changing after almost two years.

I'd probably go with the 1070 Ti out of those options.

slavi_asenov2002

Honorable
Apr 11, 2018
I'd probably go with the 1070 Ti out of those options.

I wouldn`t go for the rtx 2060 too because of the 1070Tis performance.

But are the Vega cards that bad?? I am not looking at the watts, just the price to performance, which is pretty close on all of these cards and I am quite surprised that pascal is still a good choice, when turing is here. :D

Last edited:

slavi_asenov2002

Honorable
Apr 11, 2018
Also depends on Manufacturer/OCing it

Guru3d Shootout
Again I very badly inform you guys.
I am talking about the:

-Gainward Phoenix GTX 1070Ti
-Asus Rog Strix Vega 64
-MSI Air Boost Vega 56
-MSI Gaming Z RTX 2060

Vega is probably very fun to play with because of undervolting overclocking etc.. and that can probably help the performance and cooling. However the GTX 1070Ti is a good deal - it is the same price as some GTX 1060 here in Bulgaria

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn`t go for the rtx 2060 too because of the 1070Tis performance.

But are the Vega cards that bad?? I am not looking at the watts, just the price to performance, which is pretty close on all of these cards and I am quite surprised that pascal is still a good choice, when turing is here. :D
What FPS values did you use when calculating performance per dollar? The 1070 Ti should come out noticeably ahead based on the prices you listed.