[SOLVED] 10750H and undervolting

Jun 12, 2020
Can't figure this out....in BIOS I've set the undervolt to IA....in Windows it shows up blank with HWMonitor. I've tried adjusting this in XTU....only stays "proposed" but bootup is still default of 0. I mean...will I gain much in temperature loss doing this? Playing Cyberpunk 2077 seems to net me at minimum 90C with everything on low and capping framerate to 55 on my GE66 raider. Not too sure I wanna be playing the game for hours on end on this thing with that sort of temperature.

Solution
As far as I know you cannot undervolt a 10th gen Intel. Even later BIOS versions for 9th gen stopped undervolting being possible. Definitely that was the case with my 9750h.

With my 9750h undervolting is a significant help but Intel locked out the ability as part of a security fix in the BIOS. So while programs say they can undervolt it actually has no effect on actual voltage.
As far as I know you cannot undervolt a 10th gen Intel. Even later BIOS versions for 9th gen stopped undervolting being possible. Definitely that was the case with my 9750h.

With my 9750h undervolting is a significant help but Intel locked out the ability as part of a security fix in the BIOS. So while programs say they can undervolt it actually has no effect on actual voltage.

Solution