1080 gaming monitor

Solution
the Asus is one of the best choices out there with these specs
you could also consider a BenQ XL 2411Z
it got the same specs
but no displayport and speakers
you dont really need displayport
and the speakers on the Asus are worthless
the BenQ had certain gamer friendly features like low blue light, motion blur reduction, black equalliser etc..
the BenQ is known to have better colour out of the box

i was caught up in a dilemma a couple of months ago between the Asus and the Benq
i chose the BenQ
and for this reason id suggest the BenQ

but nothing wrong with the Asus either
i all comes down to personal choice between the two
both are equally good monitors

beni_rohit

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
the Asus is one of the best choices out there with these specs
you could also consider a BenQ XL 2411Z
it got the same specs
but no displayport and speakers
you dont really need displayport
and the speakers on the Asus are worthless
the BenQ had certain gamer friendly features like low blue light, motion blur reduction, black equalliser etc..
the BenQ is known to have better colour out of the box

i was caught up in a dilemma a couple of months ago between the Asus and the Benq
i chose the BenQ
and for this reason id suggest the BenQ

but nothing wrong with the Asus either
i all comes down to personal choice between the two
both are equally good monitors

Solution

Aviv

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Hey , if you have a green team GPU I will suggest waiting for the Asus 24' g-sync monitor http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/32882-asus-confirms-24-inch-g-sync-monitor-for-

And if have a red team GPU I would wait for BenQ and Viewsonic FeeSync monitors http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/36389-benq-and-viewsonic-feesync-monitors-in-time-for-holidays

And if you can't afford the premium of Freesync/Gsync , go with the xl2411z or xl2420z
they are better then the VG248QE because they have no PMW flicker and they support benq ULMB that is better then the VG248QE first gen light boost hack.

You can go with the XL/T if you don't need ULMB , because they are cheaper then the XL/Z and have no PMW flicker that the VG248QE have and support the same lightboost as the VG248QE.

Plus some say that BenQ have better colors then the VG248QE in lightboost mode.

And if you don't care about lightboost at all, and don't sensitive to PMW flickering there is no reason to go with the VG248QE , just get the cheapest 144hz monitor you can get (probably will be the AOC,Acer or the Philips models).

BTW , maybe the AOC,Acer or the Philips don't have PMW flickering ,I have not checked it, so I will leave you to to check which one is the best.

michaelhall

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Thanks for the clarification guys I think I'll stick with asus as I've had bad experiences with acer in the past , I was originally thinking 4k but for the price it's not really worth it right now, thanks, mick :)