1080 Graphics Card FE

killamaching190876

Commendable
Oct 10, 2017
So first off please excuse my lack of knowledge of pcs, I am beginning to educate myself more and more with computers.

Anyways so I have a 1060 6GB asus strix right now with only a CPU cooling fan and It does not get above 74 degrees but I am getting a GTX 1080 FE. Now do I need more fans other than my CPU cooling fan to cool the gpu or can I just swap the gpus out and be okay?

Just confused on this!
Thanks guys!!

Solution
Imo +150$ isn't worth it. Stick with FE and change fan curve if you don't like the temperatures. If you could, add an intake fan to provide fresh air into the case.

Tamaskan

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
You mean you don't have any case fans? If that's the case and you get FE, you CPU might be get cooler because the FE blows hot air out instead of recycling it for the CPU. Where do you live(country)?

Tamaskan

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Are there any other cheaper option got the GTX1080? Like maybe Galax EXOC or Gigabyte windforce/g1 gaming models? If you go that route (or the strix) I would suggest you get 2 case fans. One intake and one exhaust. What kind of case do you have?

Tamaskan

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Imo +150$ isn't worth it. Stick with FE and change fan curve if you don't like the temperatures. If you could, add an intake fan to provide fresh air into the case.

Solution