Question 1080 ti afterburnder overclock acting strange

christianyoung

Prominent
Aug 26, 2018
I'm pretty new to the whole OC thing so I might be missing something obvious but here's the issue.
I saw a video on jayz2cents on how to OC your gpu using msi afterburner. One thing I was not able to copy was setting the temp as a priority as that option isn't available.

After dealing with the settings I began increaing the core clock 25 each time. I went though a unigine valley benhcmark before the oc and after each increase, The system ended up crashing repeatedly at + 175mhz so I dialed it back to the setting that had the best score of them all which was +150 which was 2062mhz. max fps was 150.9 and the lowest was 35.1. I did the bench again on that setting but this time max fps was 120 and lowest 29.

I'm confused as to why the performance is suddenly dropping when less than 10 mintues before it was peaking at the same setting.

Any takes ?

dralaamonirsrg

Commendable
Sep 28, 2018
did you check temps? are they the same? can you make sure u set the fan curve right....
also make sure nothing is running at the background. To be honest max fps isn't something important I think average fps is the matter.But said mabe temps going up so it downclocks