1080 ti cable questions

dudemanbro84e

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Bought a 1080 ti and need a few questions answered in regards to the power cables that came with it. I have an 8 pin connector with 2 6 pin female ends and a 6 pin connector with 2 4 pin ends. my psu has 2 pci-e slots for the 6 pin connectors but they are female. I'm assuming I will have to buy 2 male to male adapters for the 8 pin by 2X6 pin and that should work. Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance

Solution
Problem solved guys. Thanks for your input. I ended up buying a corsair CX750, installed it and the card in like 10 minutes and everything has been golden. Thanks again
Your PSU should have 2 PCIE cables that plug on the 2 blue-colored 8-pin female PCIE sockets of your PSU. These PCIE cables should have a 6+2 pin male connector on its ends that would be plugged into your GPU. Use one PCIE cable and plug the 6+2 pin on the 8-pin female socket of the EVGA GPU. Use the other PCIE cable and plug only the 6-pin (leaving the 2-pin unattached) on the 6-pin female socket of the EVGA GPU.

You won't need those adapter cables that came with the GPU.

Personally, though, I'd get a much better quality PSU for such high-end GPU (such as the EVGA SuperNova G2 650W, EVGA SuperNova G3 650W or Corsair RM650x).

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Thats an adapter to convert 2 6pin cables into 1 8 pin.

Your psu should have suitable cables on it, unless you have a crap psu.

dudemanbro84e

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Problem solved guys. Thanks for your input. I ended up buying a corsair CX750, installed it and the card in like 10 minutes and everything has been golden. Thanks again

Solution

TRENDING THREADS