Question 1080 Ti Founders Edition Underperforming

ImMiiika

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
So i got the Founders Edition Gtx 1080ti from Nvidia a while ago and i never really noticed that its underperforming, until i benchmarked it on userbenchmark. Anyone knows what could be the problem? On Games like Fortnite or Counter Strike i get a max fps of 140 which is really bad when i have a 144hz monitor. Im playing on 1920x1080. I have a G-Sync supportet monitor so im also using G-Sync. All my settings are right and im on the newest driver at the moment (419.67).So i dont really know what to do anymore..

Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 3,2Ghz
Gtx 1080ti
16GB Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz
MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON
Corsair CX850M

(The Benchmark):
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16469226

ImMiiika

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
My processor is always 32-36 degrees and my 1080 Ti is around 45-51 degrees
I already did a couple of Malware tests and i also have an Antivirus scanner. So i dont think its anything like that.

ImMiiika

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
I've Built my PC like a Year ago, but i built it with a 1070, that later had a burnt chip, so i got myself that 1080 Ti.
And yes i reinstalled Windows 10 around 2 weeks ago because i got a new Harddrive.

Anyone knows what could be the problem?

Have you tried looking into the POWER Management settings, i.e. Windows OS power plan, as well as the PCI Express setting, under the "Power Options", which is "Link State Power Management" ? Is it set to OFF ? What about your NVCP settings ?

Are you using the "Prefer Maximum performance" option, under the Power Management Mode ?

Also, I'm assuming the GPU is seated on the primary PCI-e x16 slot of your motherboard ? You could try running a "PCI-Express Render test", via the GPU-Z tool, just to make sure the card is running at it's full potential. Just for an example. Click on the question mark, next to the BUS INTERFACE entry.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ent-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance

Last edited:

ImMiiika

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Windows has the newest Updates, i also already installed the newest chipset and bios drivers.
I tried overclocking the Cpu a bit, i got to a stable 3,9Ghz, but i only tried it with Ryzen Master.

Windows has the newest Updates, i also already installed the newest chipset and bios drivers.
I tried overclocking the Cpu a bit, i got to a stable 3,9Ghz, but i only tried it with Ryzen Master.

Not sure, if this could be any help, but just try some of the tips which I've mentioned in my post above, with regards to power plans, PCI-e express settings. If already done before, then kindly ignore my suggestion.