Question 1080 Ti missing screw, damage concern

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello, today while looking at the back of my PC i noticed that one of the screws that hold the DVI cable to the DVI slot on my 1080 Ti is gone. I don't use it so I don't really care about the slot itself, but if that screw lets say got jammed somewhere inside the gpu (since there is a ventilation gap right next to where that screw is suppose to be), can it actually cause a short or some other problem? I looked everywhere for that screw and i couldn't find it anywhere inside the pc. Assuming its in there somewhere, my only option is to basically take parts out of the case just to find it, which is an extreme pain. The PC seems to run fine except for frequent crashes while playing Modern Warfare that caused me to stop playing the game, but I have no crashing problems with any other game. What should I do?

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Should I... what? You didn't finish your sentence.
Chances are better that the tiny screw fell outside the case/GPU, and it just got lost or ended up in a vacuum sweeper bag. But If you take the card out and shake it a bit, you should be able to tell if it is rattling around inside the GPU. And like will fall out if it hasn't already.