Question 1080 Ti, no screen output but all voltages are ok except 1 and in a strange way.

Jul 12, 2021
Hello!

Its a Zotec 1080 Ti blower card I bought from Ebay some time ago with "broken" and just that it didn't power up and sold for cheap. It have just been gathering dust since but started to deal with it now when my original 1080 Ti started to mess up, but that is another thread later on.

First I'm no expert at all I'm just into electronics, have searched for similar problem but none have had this strange problem.

When starting the card the fan spin up to what seem normal speed.

My test computer motherboard I use (old though) actually beep once after some seconds saying everything is ok, but no picture.

My new modern computer has 4 boot LEDs that the last one should be green when the screen come on and it starts to boot, but it never light and no picture either and thus doesn't boot.

Once the first time I started it the green LED actually lighted but extremely dim (which I have never seen before) and I think the computer actually even started since the HHD lamp blinked quite much but not sure since I have to shut the computer of after some few seconds since the chip get to hot otherwise, but no picture. Vcore is at start 0.8V and gets down to 0.7V after some seconds, which is as it should.

But as you notice on the picture the one and only voltage that is out of spec is the 5V to the far right, I don't know what that control but it can't be good that low. I have checked the resistors for the 1475 and they are all within spec for 5V out, but still no 5V out. I have also changed the 1475 but the same, even if it went up 0.1V after that to the now ~4.4V.

I thought something was pulling it down hard but the resistance is, as seen, way to high for that and it should be good for to put out some Amps as well.

I looked at my bootable but not fully 3D working main 1080 Ti (I use a spare 7970 right now paired to a poor Ryzen 7.. help a guy out) and surprisingly it had the same voltage there and not 5V. Another 1080 Ti, not working and probably fried GPU, had 5V there but all other was 0V, and that is another thread as well.

Anyone have the slightest idea to what is going on here? I'm totally lost at this point.

Thanks!

Regards Ryan