1080 ti or 1180 ti

MASTERGRIEF

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
I would like to upgrade my GPU, but I don't know if I should get a 1080 ti, or wait for an 1180/2080 ti to come out, I don't really care about waiting, as I already have a good GPU for 1080p gaming, but 4k is what I am going for now. If someone could link a site with reliable specs for the new GPU series coming out, that'd be great. Thanks

Solution
If you already have a good GPU for 1080p gaming, then by all means, stay with your current system. There's not a lot of "authentic leaks," but I can give you what I know/believe to be true.

-NVIDIA's Upcoming Architecture is called Turing
-It may employ the latest GDDR6 Memory
-It will be using a 12nm lithography

The last two will mean a general increase in performance. However, the 1180Ti (what you should be after) is highly unlikely to be present at the Turing release event, if NVIDIA's past flagship Ti reveals are anything to go by.

Again, note that this is nothing more than mere speculation.
If you already have a good GPU for 1080p gaming, then by all means, stay with your current system. There's not a lot of "authentic leaks," but I can give you what I know/believe to be true.

-NVIDIA's Upcoming Architecture is called Turing
-It may employ the latest GDDR6 Memory
-It will be using a 12nm lithography

The last two will mean a general increase in performance. However, the 1180Ti (what you should be after) is highly unlikely to be present at the Turing release event, if NVIDIA's past flagship Ti reveals are anything to go by.

Again, note that this is nothing more than mere speculation.

Solution