Question 1080 ti rattling noise

kazurengan

Commendable
Nov 26, 2018
my gpu fan started to make some rattling annoying noises few months ago and unfortunatelly
it's warranty already expired.
i know 0 of hardware fixing and tbh i want to avoid it since i don't want to break my PC.
i was wondering if i can make it worse for the GPU to keep running high-demand games, such as RDR2
or if i should avoid anything that makes my GPU fan rattle
my temps are usually 70-80 for both GPU and CPU when playing RDR2
or working with high-demanding software, eg: blender

Hello, if the GPU's TEMP values are okay, and within the acceptable margin, then you should not worry much about this issues though. Unless of course there is a severe overheating of the GPU. What's the exact Model number and make/brand of your GTX 1080 Ti ?

Are you sure the fans are making this rattling noise, and not some other PC component ? But anyway, check the GPU shroud for any loose connection. If the GPU TEMP does rise above 80/85 C, then you can create a custom FAN profile while any GPU tool, like for example MSI Afterburner, if need be. Do the GPU fans spin properly ? Is the rattling sound TOO loud ?

70 C temp value seems normal while playing graphic demanding games, or doing some other demanding work on the PC.

kazurengan

Commendable
Nov 26, 2018
Hello, if the GPU's TEMP values are okay, and within the acceptable margin, then you should not worry much about this issues though. Unless of course there is a severe overheating of the GPU. What's the exact Model number and make/brand of your GTX 1080 Ti ?

Are you sure the fans are making this rattling noise, and not some other PC component ? But anyway, check the GPU shroud for any loose connection. If the GPU TEMP does rise above 80/85 C, then you can create a custom FAN profile while any GPU tool, like for example MSI Afterburner, if need be. Do the GPU fans spin properly ? Is the rattling sound TOO loud ?

70 C temp value seems normal while playing graphic demanding games, or doing some other demanding work on the PC.
no idea about the model number
but its a gigabyte 1080 ti
i just looked at it and noticed the middle fan spins a little loose
also the rattling noise happens when i turn on, turn off my PC
really weird, is there i could somehow fix this fan spin loose issue?

Sorry but even I'm not into hardware modding and stuff like that, so I cannot suggest you any workaround for the fans (assuming this can be fixed). But others out here might be able to guide you much better than me. I have also never done any kind of repair/fixing work on my GPU either. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY