1080 ti stays at 136hz and gives me low fps

Jun 9, 2018
Hello there I’m new to pc gaming and I recently purchased a gaming pc. I’ve had this for one day. I’ve noticed im getting relatively low FPS for my set up. I’m running games barely at 80 FPS when they should be well over the one hundreds. I have a i7 8700k, 1080ti ftw3, 32gb of DDR4, z370 gaming pro carbon ax, nzxt kraken 62x, 850 power supply, Samsung 960 evo and a Samsung 860 1T for mass storage. I’ve been reading that I need to read boot my Gpu bios because it’s stuck in the lowest setting or something and it keeps the card running at low hertz. I’ve alresyd installed the drivers multiple times and I just don’t know what to do anymore. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?

Don't flash bios of card if you are not familiar with the process. Couples things, you are plugged in to GPU and not MB, CORRECT? open Nvidia Control panel and go to power management options click on prefer maximum performance then hit apply. Also in geforce experience you can open game menu and hit details of a specific game. Click the wrench and slide it towards performance and hit apply. See if that helps