1080 usage issue

agreedbog

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hey guys!

I have this weird problem with my 1 month old msi gtx 1080 gaming x
whenever i play games like gta v or arma 3 and games like battlefield etc. my gpu is only firing up to around 40, 50 and max 60% while it is used for 100% when im benchmarking in programs like Heaven and valley.

my cpu usage while gaming tops out at around 40% most of the time and 70% max and my ram tops out at around 10gb out of 16gb with chrome, discord,game,skype,spotify and a hole bunch of bullshit running in the background..
i also benchmarked with gpu-z with the render test and there also my gpu tops out at 100% and the perfcap reason is Vrel (wich is voltage) but when playing gta v it says idle at the perfcap reason....

specs:

Msi Geforce GTX 1080 GAMING X (not oced only factory oc)
I7-4770
16 gb ddr3 1600
a 2 tb mech drive and a boot ssd (samsung evo 750)
and a 750 wat corsair 750mx? (excuse me if i have it wrong)
mobo: MSI H97 GAMING 3 (i know not oc capable but don't need it since i dont have a k cpu)

my temps:
CPU: tops and stable at around 65 degree at 100% load constant for around 20 min (video rendering or something like that) and gaming is 60 degree at around 60%

GPU: Really really agressive fan curve: 0% at idle and 100% at load and it tops out at around 60 degree

so i hope you have enough info and i really hope you guys can help me!

ps excuse my english!

EDIT: since i read some other threads and saw the question "why does it matter" quite a few times. here is why it matters to me:

GTA V on auto settings is topping out at 120 fps while looking at the sky but only 40 to 50 fps while driving or shooting same in arma and battlefield

That's nothing that will change with GPU settings,the GPU can only deliver high FPS if the CPU can deliver high FPS.
Did you check that your CPU runs at the clocks it should be?

agreedbog

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016

I checked it and the multiplier boosts up to 38/39 and doesnt come down till i close the game