1080p 144Hz/75Hz 1ms good image quality monitor?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2542130
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2542130

I'm shopping for a new monitor since the old one is totally rubbish. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good monitor that is 144Hz/75Hz, is 1080p, has good image quality and doesn't have noticeable input lag or ghosting

My budget is around 300-350$ and I don't really care how the monitor looks I just care about the tech that is in it. I will mostly be playing singleplayer games and watch movies so I want colors to not be that bad :/

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it! :D

Solution
Actually a number of things have changed; most newer monitors like the ViewSonic don't use PWM flickering for brightness control anymore like the VG248QE does. Most monitors in that price range also have FreeSync. Even if you have an NVIDIA card and can't use FreeSync, that's fine, but the VG248QE isn't any cheaper for it, so there's not really much to be gained; it's just a bad value. Most newer monitors also aren't limited to 60 Hz over HDMI like the VG248QE is, which adds a lot more flexibility. Again, even if you don't need these things, other monitors offer them at the same price or cheaper.

If it's a brand loyalty thing, even the ASUS MG248Q is cheaper than the VG248QE, which is a much newer model with a flicker-free backlight...
D

Deleted member 2542130

I've been searching around a bit today and I have to ask is XG2401 better then AOC G2590PX ?

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jacob_172 : "Looking for a good IPS gaming monitor"

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I've had Viewsonic in the past, didn't last. To me, a 5yr old design is nothing, it's not like anything has changed, 1080p at 144Hz 1ms on a TN panel is the same 1080p at 144Hz 1ms on a TN panel as it was 5 years ago. LG lasted but 12 months, Viewsonic didn't last 2 years, Samsung, well I'll not go there, but both my Asus monitors are over 6 years old and still not a single dead pixel. I'd also have faith in Acer, same panels as Asus. Not too sure on BenQ anymore with the Zowie buyout.

Dell also puts out serious quality monitors, especially the Ultrasharp series, high end 1440p/144Hz with G-Sync etc.

Actually a number of things have changed; most newer monitors like the ViewSonic don't use PWM flickering for brightness control anymore like the VG248QE does. Most monitors in that price range also have FreeSync. Even if you have an NVIDIA card and can't use FreeSync, that's fine, but the VG248QE isn't any cheaper for it, so there's not really much to be gained; it's just a bad value. Most newer monitors also aren't limited to 60 Hz over HDMI like the VG248QE is, which adds a lot more flexibility. Again, even if you don't need these things, other monitors offer them at the same price or cheaper.

If it's a brand loyalty thing, even the ASUS MG248Q is cheaper than the VG248QE, which is a much newer model with a flicker-free backlight and FreeSync. The VG248QE is just horribly overpriced.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9UC20Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_icr6Ab60Y0XFS

I will also mention for the record that I have the ViewSonic XG2401 and have no complaints about the build quality.

I've never used the AOC G2590PX, so I can't really compare.

Solution